Friday, October 22, 2010

God Moment

So... on Wednesday I was having lunch or dinner with a few of my friends (don't ask me which ones, I just remember eating. LOL)  Anyway, I saw this upper class-men girl walking across the cafeteria and she reminded me of something that I had wanted to tell my friends about her.  I had actually seen her in the Warner Beyond Belief book that you get in the mail that has all the info about Warner in it.  Well, she had been in one of the big pictures so she was stuck in my mind because I am just really good at remembering faces.  Anyway, when I first started my year out here, I told them, that I was walking down the hall and I saw this girl in the hallway as well.  And the first thought that had come across my brain was "OMG SHE'S FAMOUS!!!!"  I didn't know where she was from but I remembered her face perfectly. Then I finally remembered that I had seen her in the booklet.  I laughed at myself for that one...  Anyway, I told everybody that I was sitting with, that I wanted to talk to her somehow and tell her that I had thought that she was famous the first time I saw her.

Ok, the cool part.  So later that day I prayed a little prayer (I didn't really take it seriously because it wasn't a big deal) that I could somehow meet her or gain the courage to just go up and talk to her.  So, on Thursday,  we always eat in the cafeteria after chapel.  So I headed up there with a couple of my friends.  It is ALWAYS crowded in the cafeteria after chapel because apparently no one wants to go back and cook their own meals or something after church. I have no idea.  But as soon as we walked in we started maneuvering around tables and bodies ("we" being Matt, Rachel, and I).  As we discovered when we got to our usual table, someone elses stuff was on our table.  So we moved to another table instead.  I went to get my food and Matt and Rachel went to get theirs. 

Of course, by this time I had long forgotten about my prayer, but I was about to get a shock.  When we all came back to sit down, we noticed some backpacks at the table that weren't any of our friends, but we were like whatever... So we started eating and talking.... and lo and behold!!! Guess who sat down by the backpacks?????  I was like. OMG. Haha. Jesus?? YOU ROCK MY SOCKS!!!!  So I rudely interrupted Matt's conversation and I was like "Excuse me?  Hi, what is your name?"  And she said "Ashley."  I was like, ok this is freaking awesome, and I have to tell you.  Yesterday, I prayed that God would give me an opportunity to talk to you because I wanted to tell you a story"  So I went ahead and told her about my thinking she was famous.  And she was like "Wow.  That is soo crazy!!!" and we went on and talked for a few minutes and then her friend came and sat down beside her, and Ashley had me tell her that story as well.  Her friend had the same reaction plus a "Hallelujah!! Praise Jesus!" Haha. 

I just wanted to share that because it just proves to me that God cares about the little things.  And I mean the super little things that, to us, seem meaningless, like wanting to meet a girl who I thought was famous when I first saw her.  A petty little story that I wanted to share, and God made that possible by being completely random and placing her at the table.  Now, I can say "Hey Ashley!!!" and she might recognize me now as the girl who thought that she was famous and who had a kinda cool answer to prayer.

Hey Jesus! Did I mention that You are AMAZING??!!!

4 comments:

  1. That is so neat Kelli! :) & I love it that you told about it on here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelli! I'm one of your mom's blog pals...
    I love your story here... I call these "divine appointments" :D
    Hope you're enjoying your freshman year!
    Enjoy each and every moment!
    Blessings always ~ Maria

    ReplyDelete